Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Get Out of Town

I am planning a trip to see my bff who just moved to NY. It WILL be a cheap trip. I want to spend $400. Here's the plan:

1: I'll be staying with a friend, of course, so no hotel cost.

2: Priceline.com. If you can be flexible, choose the "name your own price" feature and you can get some great deals. I got a round trip ticket for $175. The beats the very best deal I found searching all the other sites by 30 bucks. Significant enough for me!

3: I'm only gonna go for 4 days so I'm not missing too much work and not spending too much money there.

4: Buy some groceries when I get there. Only one meal out per day.

5: Research ahead of time some free things to do and plan one splurge. I think a reasonably priced Broadway show will be my one thing I spend money on. The rest of the time I will just enjoy being at the amazing city and hanging with my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment